I'm new to python and web2py...I have a small, but non-trivial, web
application and was looking at the various python web frameworks and decided
to look more closely at web2py and a couple of others and to write a couple
of small example applications to see how they work...

I've had a quick read of the web2py book but I was a little surprised by the
emphasis on self-submission/postbacks, it's not a technique that I would
choose myself. I was wondering whether there was anything in python or
web2py that make this technique particularly appropriate ? Being new to
python etc. I thought it worthwhile asking.

The application that I have in mind has a number of one to many and a few
many to many relationships and in a number of cases I will want to use a
combined form with both the 'one' and one or some of the 'many' (perhaps on
a tabbed layout, or scrollable perhaps) almost certainly using Ajax to deal
with the different parts of the page.

It is interesting to look at the different frameworks and see the different
emphasis that each one has, and to see if that does have far-reaching
consequences, it's worthwhile spending a little time to try to make the
right choice.

thanks

graham