So I created a REST API doc plugin for web2py quite a while ago. Here is
what it looks like on the user side
http://semanticsbml.org/semanticSBML/plugin_restapidoc/index#
http://rumo.biologie.hu-berlin.de/pyMantis/plugin_restapidoc/index

I also posted the plugin for this on here, a while ago. One of the goals
back then was to automatically create a WSDL2.0 or WADL file from it, but
the student I set to work on it unfortunately never finished it.

It is very nice to see that something is happening in this direction. Do I
understand this right that Collection+JSON is similar to a WSDL file?
The problem with WSDL I always saw was that you could not document the
output JSON files. I also still do not know if there is a Format like DTD
or XML Schema for JSON. I think this is one of the major obstacles why JSON
is not adapted in bio-science.