I was thinking the other day it's so unfortunate that web2py has to live in
the shadow of the great Django. As Massimo pointed out a while ago, the
reason is because Django gets great PR. And Django users are a very vocal
bunch.

You can't walk the web framework landscape without tripping over articles
and blogs about Django extolling its advantages and crowing about its
success in the enterprise. By comparison, there are very few such articles
about web2py.

Yes, I know, Django's community is about 10x the size of ours, but that's
really just an excuse. There's no reason why we can't be the 300 charging
forth into battle against the Persians at Thermopylae. Surely, we are made
of sterner stuff.

I'm too humble to think of myself as Leonidas, but I did try to start the
ball rolling with this article
<https://medium.com/@richardeng/the-zen-of-web2py-ede59769d084>. Hopefully,
some (or many?) of you will follow suit.

Let's improve web2py's PR. A blast of articles over the next year could
change the fortunes of our favourite web framework.