Il 15/07/14 14:29, Austin Taylor ha scritto:

> That might work Manuele. How would the code look?

well... for the client side I'd start from something like that:
http://jsfiddle.net/dR9tH/19/ (via
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/647282/is-there-an-onselect-event-or-equivalent-for-html-select)

first of all define your web service that check for filename existence
and returns a json (for example) with the needed information

cheers

    M.