Can you provide some clarification on what behavior are you expecting but
not seeing when you create the reference? For example, are you able to
create entries in the 'Partneri' table that refer keys not in the 'Mjesta'
table? A quick workaround would be to put in a 'requires' lambda into the
field definition in the Partneri table. This way you can define your own
custom rules.

On Saturday, September 27, 2014 2:51:31 AM UTC-4, Alen Cerovic wrote:

> tried
> 'reference Mjesta' - no error but also nothing happens
> 'reference PostanskiBroj' - Query Not Supported: 'DAL' object has no
> attribute 'PostanskiBroj'
>
> I did not dive in source code but is it difficult to make references
> between legacy tables reliable. From my perspective it is very important
> as many web projects does not start from scratch.
>
> Dana subota, 27. rujna 2014. 08:01:22 UTC+2, korisnik Massimo Di Pierro
> napisao je:
>
>> 'reference Mjesta.PostanskiBroj'* should be *'reference PostanskiBroj'
>>

>> *but I would not swear by references for legacy keyed tables.*
>> On Thursday, 25 September 2014 11:58:21 UTC-5, Alen Cerovic wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am totaly new to web2py, actually started yesterday :)
>>> I am trying to work with legacy mssql database and having problems in
>>> referencing two legacy keyed tables
>>>
>>> db.define_table('Mjesta',
>>> Field <http://127.0.0.1:8000/examples/global/vars/Field>('PostanskiBroj'
>>> ,'integer',notnull=True,unique=True),