I can’t find any documentation about settings.cfg.

How does it work ? Where is it loaded ? Is it application-specific ?

I’m not sure setting a connection string in a file is the way to go with Heroku
: you don’t really have those (they are dynamically generated).
When you create a db in Heroku you have a key like this : «
HEROKU_POSTGRESQL_ONYX_URL » and the environment variable corresponding to this
key has the connection string that the DAL needs.

So basically my DAL connection looks something like :

db = DAL(os.environ[‘HEROKU_POSTGRESQL_ONYX_URL’])

I’ll probably edit the models in admin for now but it isn’t a very good
solution because if I update web2py then my changes are lost...