Ok. Now the confusion is resolved.
1) Speed improvements of 70% and up that I reported yesterday are
really exist. I just reproduced a 3.47 times model speedup and 2.15
overall speedup for my app (r875 vs r822+inits).
BUT this app is atypical. I have added some time measuring code there
so it prints out two lines per each model init. So when I am testing
perfomance - screen very quickly scrolls up

2) Simply commenting out two print statements gives me only 1.67
overall speedup given equal other conditions. I think that processor
receive additional interrupts from videocard that in turn results in
more often checks of tasks queue.

3) I declare all my previous testing results spoiled by noise
generated by print statement and inappropriate kernel scheduler
setting.
I've set up yet another test box with these parameters:

Intel Core2 Duo 2.66GHz, 2G RAM, Ubuntu 9.04, 'server' flavour kernel
2.6.28-11.42. Initially I considered to install a 'realtime' kernel,
but it appeared to be unstable on that hardware (and afterall - it's
for sound/video processing and 'server' type is more likely to be
installed on servers).

Will report new testing results (and finally I hope to write
'optimised inits ver.2' patch) later today.