Hi,
the garbace collector is called once every 100 requests.
See
https://github.com/web2py/web2py/blob/5a0ee722605164f1eae4064d0d1dd0d72b5eb14b/gluon/main.py#L197

In addition try to pack a very basic app which can reproduce the issue,
we'll have more info about what is going on wrong in your app or web2py

Paolo