Here is what would cause this problem.  You have this link:

{{=A('Confirm',_href=URL('reservation_confirmed',
args=request.args),_style="color:#ff3300;font-size:20px;background-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border:1px

solid #999999")}}

Now if in the view for reservation_confirmed you include an image or a css
file or any other static file with the incomplete path, the browser may
incorrectly request the page itself instead of the image. This happens when
you use a stock template and you have broken src="" in it. So the action is
not called twice because of the click but because of the src.

Do I make sense? This may not be your problem. Just guessing because I have
seen it many times.