On Monday, March 2, 2015 at 1:21:25 PM UTC-8, Pablo Angulo wrote:

> Hello, Dave!
>
> El 02/03/15 a las 21:26, Dave S escribió:
> > Well, from the original message in this thread:
> >
> > "2.9.12 includes mostly bug fixes but there is some major DAL
> refactoring so we are concerned about backward compatibility. We think it
> works but please let us know asap if this breaks your code."
>
> Certainly, "major DAL refactoring" would be a better description than
> "Modular DAL, thanks Giovanni" in the changelog. That's the document we are
> supposed to read before upgrading, and not every thread in this group.

But .. a thread about *testing* 2.9.12 *that you are replying in* doesn't
amount to having to read every thread in this group.

> > Now, to address your problem, we need to know /what/ broke.  Can you
> give us some code examples?
>
> The examples were already in this thread:

Sorry; I seem to have read them the first time up , but I thought this was
a new post without previous examples.

> Anyway, I apologize that I could not make the tests earlier, and I want to
> thank every one involved in this release. The changes I had to do are no
> big deal, but there is so much emphasis in this project on not breaking
> backwards compatibility, that I wanted to suggest to tell about this issue
> in the changelog.

Well, that's what this thread is about.  Finding out what broke, whether it
is a new bug or a place where backwards compatibility *needs* to be broken
(for example , having in the old versions incorrectly followed a
specification), or something that requires discussion.

/dps