On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 1:29:50 PM UTC-4, Martti Lamberg wrote:

> Thank you for your answers! And sorry for the radio silence. I took some
> of your advice and went and studied some javascript and came up with a
> small demo.
>
> More on the workflow: I need updates coming to and going from server
> without page reloads.

When you say updates need to come from the server, are those always in
direct response to a user action (i.e., user does something, an update is
sent to the server, and the server then sends data back to the browser), or
does the server sometimes have to push new data/messages to the browser
without any immediately instigating user behavior (i.e., what might be
called "server push"). Based on your description, it looks like the former,
but if it is the latter, that complicates things

Anthony