On Tuesday 16 June 2009 21:39:50 blackthorne wrote:
> hi
>
> On a small page I am working on, very often I have views that do not
> require controllers or models. All I want is to make a link to a view
> file.
>
> It doesn't seem very efficient to call a controller that returns an
> empty dict() and does nothing but a response.view redefinition
> everytime I need to create a link to a new page that just has contents
> in the view side.
If you have any arguments/variables passed to the page then you need
controller to validate them. If you don't have any - why don't you make just
a static file?
I know why though. You just need to have some content inserted into a site
template. static file will not do that.
Massimo - is it possible to have a controllerless static view which is still
have view {{insert}} capabilities ?

--
Sincerely yours
Alexey Nezhdanov