> + well known, wide usage (not necessery to sign up for another forum)
>>>

>> True, though Discourse has social login, allowing you to use Google,
>> Yahoo, Facebook, Twitter, or Github to sign in.
>>

> Actually not true. The one service requiring login is actually google
> groups. You HAVE to have a google account,

Actually, not not true. Technically, you don't need a Google account if you
interact with the group via email only. Anyway, I think the real point was
that if you already have a Google account, which many people have for other
reasons (and especially if you are already using Google Groups for other
communities), you don't have to sign up for yet another independent forum
account.

Anthony