> I guess I'm atypical, but I don't find the GG interface to be bad (even
> after the change 2 years ago).

I agree -- in general, Google Groups is fairly good, especially given that
it is free (and has no ads). It's also nice that so many other communities
use it, which makes it easy to follow and interact with multiple groups
from a single interface.

Some discussion about possibly moving originally arose when last week
Google introduced a bug that rendered web2py-users unusable via the web
interface. There is also more general concern with not owning the data and
the risk that Google might shut down Google Groups (just as it shut down
Google Code and many other former products).

Anthony