the update process on several frontend servers can be split into 2 modes:
you can have an "incremental" update, in which the newer version of the
application doesn't break the old one, and the "breaking" update, in which
the newer version of the application breaks the old one.

in the first case, you can log into each one of the servers and update the
app.
in the second case, you need to log into each server, put the application
in "maintenance mode", update each server, and then revoke the "maintenance
mode" on each.

there are SEVERAL ways to do it, some more elegant and intricated, some
more simple and maintainable.

Start with basics: prepare a makefile or a procedure that updates a single
node, then execute it in a "foreach server" loop. It can be bash, python,
go, whatever you're more comfortable with. Draw the procedure on a sheet of
paper first (yes, it gets the deal done to unravel the necessary steps
beforehand) and then implement each piece. I use fabric to handle the
automation part wherever I can. Bash makefiles or powershell scripts where
I can't.