Nobody here recommends using Apache. It is an old web server and full of
issues. Hard to configure. This is what we recommend instead:

ssh to your server
remove apache for example with apt-get remove apache apache2
cd ~/
wget
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/web2py/web2py/master/scripts/setup-web2py-nginx-uwsgi-ubuntu.sh
chmod +x  setup-web2py-nginx-uwsgi-ubuntu.sh
sudo ./setup-web2py-nginx-uwsgi-ubuntu.sh

et viola'.
This will install Nginx + uWSGI + wep2py + postgresql and all the
dependencies. web2py will be in /home/www-data/web2py

Massimo