You're comparing two different categories. Web2py is a programming
framework, Mezzanine is a CMS. Web2py is a tool you would use to build a
CMS like a Mezzanine (same as Django is used in this particular case).

In other words, what you should be comparing is Web2py vs Django, not
web2py vs projects built in Django.

Regards