Hmm, after checking the web2py-developers list
(https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/web2py-developers/JC_bzRE6qo8) you
might have a point Alex. But even just combining successful and failed runs
won't work if whatever was causing the failure gets fixed because after a
successful run the times_failed becomes zero and now you're going to
calculate incorrect next_run_time values (they'll likely end up in the
past) and just end up with your task running extra again.  So not quite so
simple of a fix as initially