I don't know about PHP but if you need a separate install of web2py for
each app (which is what I do), each new web app costs $2/month.  In several
cases, I run multiple apps within one instance of web2py (the only
disadvantage is the URL but that's oftentimes fine for some enterprise
apps).

I have several pythonanywhere accounts but the one I use for many of my
small apps costs $12.25 per month for 4 web apps and 2 web workers each.
 One of those web apps supports several web2py applications under one
instance (this is also how I manage user testing environments to separate
them from production environments).

It's also possible to create separate free pythonanywhere accounts for each
low volume app (I used to do that but paying $2/month just makes it easier
to manage under one account).

For low volume apps, GAE is also great - I run several apps (really just
simple sites) on GAE for free (but I don't think that supports PHP either).