Hi Michael, I really appreciate your feedback, GAE in fact supports PHP, but is from Google, an USA company that (of course) follows US laws, unfortunately because of that laws the service can't be used from Cuba (I am from Cuba) and other few countries (even the sites hosted in GAE cannot be accessed from that countries). That is the reason of the requirement of a non USA provider with non USA related payments mechanisms.

Greetings.