Hello Peter , you are getting started with javascript now? Without problems.

EventRenderCallback it's a callback function , that used in object
properties "FULLCALENDAR" , that means in the element that to used the
first parameter will be the general event and second will be the current
element (with yours properties ( like type ) ) .

1. The EventRenderCallback it's a function that just need asign in property
eventRender , likely this property ( eventRender ) run a function each
element of calendar ( don't see very much at documentation them. )

2. You have two scopes :
 - Jquery object with FullCalendar.
 - Function EventRenderCallback.

They be need declared separated , a function to jquery ( normal ) and other
function to EventRenderballBack.

Put the css of my previous answer in your css and the function that verify
type of element and add a class below of your jquery declaration of
fullcalendar.

3. At EventRender property  of calendar you need call EventRenderCallback ,
just do this into jquery object fullcalendar :

eventRender : EventRenderCallback

4. and declare out of jquery object the function responsible by verify
elements.