On Tuesday, October 4, 2016 at 3:16:06 AM UTC-4, Meinolf wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I need to update my table record only if the user is logged in with a
> different session from the previous, but with the code i have, it keeps
> updating when i thought the user still logged in with the same session.
> problem is i can't view the session id which seem to be encrypted, i can't
> tell when its the same and when its not. Did i miss something? below is my
> code:
>
> prev_ses_id = db((db.rates.user_id==auth.user.id) &
> (db.rates.item_id==request.args(0))).select(db.rates.ses_id)

How and where are you setting the value of db.rates.ses_id? Do you expect
the above to return only a single record? Note, prev_ses_id is a Rows
object, not a Row object, and not an individual session id value. If you
want the value of the ses_id field, you need to do prev_ses_id[0].ses_id.

Note, if you need the session id of the current session, it is in
response.session_id.

Anthony