On Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at 10:44:30 PM UTC-7, Meinolf wrote:

> Ok, i was first storing the current session id from some insert statement,
> thanks now i can just access it directly from response.session_id.
>
> I guess my logic is wrong since i am running all these queries in the same
> function, i end up inserting the current session_id and testing it against
> itself (expecting it to be different sometimes), which will not happen for
> any user session. Any idea of how i could set it up such that the next time
> a user logs in with a different session, then i can trigger some operation??

Can you use auth.settings.login_onaccept()?
<URL:http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/09/access-control#Auth-Settings-and-messages>

It takes the form object from the login page, but I would think you could
leave that alone and just set a flag in the session, then clear it when you
do your "first time" operation.

/dps