On Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 5:38:18 PM UTC-5, Alex Glaros wrote:

> so to stay current, whenever there is new web2py version we check for
> differences/updates in the following?
>

>    - appconfig.ini
>    - menu.py
>    - db.py
>    - layout.html
>
> Generally, there should be no need to update any of the above. The
scaffolding app includes those files as a starting point, but they are
intended to be customized by you, not updated with the framework. Every one
of those files should have code specific to your app, so why would you
replace it with the default version that comes with the scaffolding app?

>    - whole CSS, JS folders
>
> Probably not the CSS files.

Within the app folder, you generally only need to update web2py.js,
web2py_ajax.html, appadmin.py, and appadmin.html.

Anthony