Think about how many users and how much extra space those fields will
really take in the auth_user table vs. both the complexity and inefficiency
of having to do joins whenever you need the extra fields if you keep them
in a separate table. You might also consider keeping some of the extra data
in a single JSON field if you don't need to search/sort based on the data.

Anthony