I think I have adjusted the deliminator in the angular js module. The file
looks like this

<script>
    angular.module('mainApp', ['ngMdIcons', 'ngMaterial', 'ngSanitize',
'ngMessages'])

    .config(function ($interpolateProvider) {
        //allow Web2py views and Angular to co-exist
        $interpolateProvider.startSymbol('[[');
        $interpolateProvider.endSymbol(']]');
    });
</script>

which I have included in auth/_login.html as angular_module.html, which
looks like

{{sidenav_enabled=True}}
{{menu_enabled=True}}
{{extend "layout.html"}}
{{include "angular_module.html"}}
{{include "../static/angular/controllers/AppCtrl.html"}}
{{include "../static/angular/controllers/LoginCtrl.html"}}
{{include "../static/angular/services/menu.service.html"}}
{{block content_form}}
 {{=form}}
{{end content_form}}

Do I still need to change the deliminators? Not sure