On Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 4:00:36 AM UTC-8, Nabil Ontour wrote:

> Thank you Dave, that fixed it for me, so that I can access the page again.
>
> The table is defined like that:
>
> db.define_table('income',
>                 Field('description','string',label='Description         *'
> ,requires=IS_NOT_EMPTY()),
>                 Field('category','reference inc_categories',label='Category
> *',requires=IS_NOT_EMPTY()),
>                 Field('income_TSh','decimal(10,2)', label='Income in TSh
> *', requires=IS_NOT_EMPTY()),
>                 Field('calendar_date','date',label='Calendar Date *',
> requires=IS_NOT_EMPTY()),
>                 auth.signature
>                )
>
> and is accessed via a form in controllers:
>
> form = SQLFORM(db.income).process()
>
> The calendar date is chosen via a widget, but I just checked again, it is
> also possible to enter it by hand.
>
> It is also true that some users are from Germany, where it is common to
> put the day before the month, and some users are from other countries. So
> maybe somebody has entered it by hand in the wrong order.
>

> How could I make sure that the date is always entered correctly?

Take a look at the date validator:
<URL:http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/07/forms-and-validators#Date-and-time-validators>

You might also want to check the representation clause:
<URL:http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/06/the-database-abstraction-layer#format--Record-representation>
(I think that has come up in this forum wrt dates, from time to time.)

/dps