Let me disagree with Leonel.

In MVC, business logic should be handled by model and application logic by controller, this is also called "fat models and thin controllers", by example, a model should know by itself how to calculate his own {put here: price, length, age, pretty hard calculation using my super algorithm}, and the controller should only worry about giving to the model the data he needs.

In fact, a MVC purist will say that code like sqlform.factory does not belong to controller (this is something that I partially disagree when we are using frameworks like web2py).

Greetings.