I created a custom css file and limited the tags available in the example I
posted, you can remove those arguments and you'll get the ckeditor defaults.

If you're using SQLFORM then the text field is updated automatically along
with any other form field - there's no special processing you have to
handle.  If it's a custom form, then you can access the form field in
form.vars.

I just looked and the fields I use with ckeditor I define as follows:

Field(
 'body', 'text', length=70000,
 represent=lambda v, r: XML(v, sanitize=True)
),