On Friday, April 14, 2017 at 4:07:58 PM UTC-7, Alex Glaros wrote:

> Dave, there's a gap in my skill level to understand your question.  Can I
> please ask for an example?

A textarea, which is what it looks like CKEditor manipulates, is an input
field in a form.  The submit button for a form normally leads to an HTTP
POST request being sent to your server, where a controller (specified by
the form action) would see that textarea as POST DATA
(request.post_vars[TAname] or request.post_vars.TAname)

The submit button could be a "plain vanilla" submit button with the browser
handling all the lifting, or it could be a jQuery/ajax button with a little
script to fire off the POST (perhaps without leaving the page).

A simple example of posting a form would be the "Say my name" exercise in
Chapter 3, but any of the form tools in Chapter 7 should work, also.

I have a page (on another machine, so no cuttenpaist at this time) where I
have 2 forms (both SQLFORM instances).  For one of them, the submit button
is the default one and you leave the page (except the next action is back
to that page).  For the other, the submit button is wired through jQuery
and only the DIV containing it is updated.  2 different functions in my
controller.

Dave
/dps