Hi,

For custom styles, you should use the web tools addons in firefox to get
the chain of formattings : you click on the button you want to customize
and you have all css styles matching it.

To change the disposition of the widgets (input, button, etc..), for a
complete customization you should try custom forms as in :
http://www.web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/07/forms-and-validators#Custom-forms

Best,