That's what the Stack Overflow solution is supposed to do, but you have not
been clear about the nature of your data and what you need the Javascript
to end up looking like. What does the table definition look like, and what
is stored in each record? In the code you have shown, you have the variable
"forms", which is a Rows object containing records from db.compFormPages.
In your view code, you have "for pic in forms", so "pic" represents a
single record in the db.compFormPages table. Then mysteriously, you have
pic1.formImage, pic2.formImage, etc. It is not at all clear what pic1,
pic2, etc. are supposed to represent.

If there is in fact one image stored in each row of db.compFormPages, then
the Stack Overflow answer gets you exactly what you want -- a Javascript
array that has the filename of an image for each record in the "forms" Rows
object. If your data is structured some other way or you are looking for
something else, then you'll need to be more clear about what you have and
what you want.

Anthony

On Friday, May 12, 2017 at 9:54:56 AM UTC-4, mostwanted wrote:

> This is what i need Tony, I want to be able to count elements from the
> database and use what i get from the database in my array without having to
> explicitly hard code the number. If i have 5 elements i want to be able
> show those 5 elements and if they are 8 i want to be able to use the 8
> element, whatever number of elements is found in the table should be able
> to automatically be accommodated in the JavaScript array for the slide show.
>
> What i got from Stack Overflow works, I am able to extract elements
> individually as requested but the problem comes when i have to use them in
> my JavaScript array. I have to be specific and individually display them in
> the array. Cant i just put a reference like this which holds any number of
> elements and have those elements offloaded into the array as below:
>  *FUNCTION:*
>

> *def form1Details():    form=db.compForm(request.args(0))
> forms=db(db.compFormPages.formName==form.id
> <http://form.id>).select(db.compFormPages.ALL)    return dict(forms=forms)*
>

> *{{for pic in forms:}}{{pass}}                    <script>    images =
> ["{{=URL('download', args=pic.formImage)}}"];
> descriptions=['{{=pic1.formTitle}}'];*
>
> and have this code show all the pics and their descriptions and not do
> like below where i have to be specific with the number of elements i want
> in an array!!
>

> *images = ["{{=URL('download', args=pic1.formImage)}}",
> "{{=URL('download', args=pic2.formImage)}}", "{{=URL('download',
> args=pic3.formImage)}}"];descriptions=['{{=pic1.formTitle}}',
> '{{=pic2.formTitle}}', '{{=pic3.formTitle}}'];*I do not not know if i
> give sense but i hope i do.
>

> On Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 8:20:23 PM UTC+2, Anthony wrote:
>>
>> Are you still looking for help on this? If so, please explain what more
>> you need beyond the answer you accepted on Stack Overflow:
>> http://stackoverflow.com/a/43682846/440323.
>>
>> Anthony
>>
>> On Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 6:51:34 AM UTC-4, mostwanted wrote:
>>>
>>> Please someone out there coz I'm pulling out my hairs at this point:
>>>
>>> I want to extract pictures from within a list of elements extracted from
>>> the database and store them inside a JavaScript array for a slide show.
>>>

>>>  *CONTRLOLLER*
>>>
>>> def form1Details():
>>>   form=db.compForm(request.args(0))
>>>   forms=db(db.compFormPages.formName==form.id).\
>>>   select(db.compFormPages.ALL)
>>>   return locals()
>>>
>>> the images are in variable forms so i wanna display them in my view such
>>>  that each picture is stored individually inside a JavaScript array for a
>>>  slide show like below
>>>

>>> *VIEW*{{for pic in forms:}}
>>>  <script>
>>> function slideShow(){
>>> images =
>>> ["{{=URL('download',args=pic.formImage)}}","{{=URL('download',args=pic2.formImage)}}"],"{{=URL('download',args=pic3.formImage)}}"];