To integrate flatpickr a flatpickr plugin should be write to support python
date time string formating : http://strftime.org/

That what have been suggested by flatpickr devs :
https://github.com/chmln/flatpickr/issues/886

I try to integrate flatpickr here and it get muddy along the road as I
learn flatpickr API for datetime formating which is javascript compliant if
compliant to anything at all... Code here :
https://github.com/BuhtigithuB/web2py/tree/improve/replace-calendar-time-picker-by-flatpicker

It works, but you have to support all kinds of datetime string formatting
for which you will have a lot of logic to write... This logic should be
write once as a flatpickr plugin to me...

Calendar may be ogly but by accepting python switches :
http://www.dynarch.com/jscal/#printDate

It made it a really good fit...

I don't really have time to work on a flatpickr plugin...

Richard