On Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 2:33:58 PM UTC-4, Richard wrote:

> Anthony,
>
> What are the issue with Calendar?? I know it outdated, support seems to
> shade away (http://www.dynarch.com/ -> Website down and a link to
> documentation is provide...

See OP.

> I had step back from implementing flatpickr, maybe we should to write down
> requirements and evaluate various alternative to Calendar. Our at least
> evaluate the path to flatpickr implementation... I thought it would have
> been much more straight foward and I don't have enough time on my hand
> right now to keep digging and workaround the issue that kick in during the
> process...

Sure. I didn't do any extensive evaluation, though I suspect flatpickr
could be made to work.

> There is alternative :
>
> https://github.com/dbushell/Pikaday (had many contributors 50), they
> mention it works well with Moment.js, which seems to make simpler to
> configure datetime display base on locales, so we could have just to pass
> locales...

Not bad, but the default styling isn't as nice, and doesn't handle times.

> flatpickr (92 contributors)
> https://github.com/nazar-pc/PickMeUp
> <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fnazar-pc%2FPickMeUp&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHSGFiVmPutgiB_iWeAWV254nZoUA>
>
> (10 contributors)

Also nice, though depends on jQuery and doesn't handle times.

> But maybe we could anticipate what comming up with web3py and pickup
> Moment.js or postpone to web3py and do more stuff on client-side with
> moment.js, but right now flatpickr don't seems to me a better fit then
> Calendar which is relyable play well with python datetime.

As web3py will use Vue.js on the client-side, a Vue date/time picker would
be most appropriate.

Anthony