> > 2) I'm confused as to which models get run when a controller is
> > accessed. If I have db.py and uom.py models and I access the uom
> > controller, what happens? From stepping thru the debugger I saw db.py
> > get run first, then uom.py and then uom.py again (weird). I've
> > simplified things down to just one (db.py) file for now, but I'm
> > wondering if the infrastructure's intent is to run all model files
> > upon each and every controller access. Oh, my access of the controller
> > is via XMLRPC function (if that changes anything).
>
> All of them. Alphabetically. There has been some discussion on whether
> there should be exceptions to this rule. It would be easy to inplmenet
> but there was no consensus on whether an improvement was necessary.

Is the session object defined when db.py is run? Could it be used to
send info for relevant-table declaration in order to prune down the
number of db.define_table statements?

Does anyone have a feel for what the overhead is of defining/declaring
a bunch of tables (in db.py) (which will never be used) - ie. is this
expensive? I suppose this greatly depends on the db used. For SQLite,
are the db.define_table() calls expensive? My (typical/ordinary) CRUD
program is segmented into a number of "documents" (or multitable
forms). However each will only touch a few of the many tables. Would
this make a case for db table-declaration segmentation?

BTW kudos to everyone involved in making web2py. For me, it has made
it _possible_ to get an app up and running quickly. I originally tried
to wade my way through learning Zope but it just made my head hurt. I
briefly looked at Django but after Zope I didn't think it differed
enough. I stumbled upon web2py almost by accident while surf...
researching and your feature list hooked me. I was able to convince
others (who are not technical minded at all) to choose this because
the benefits were so many and so understandable. Kudos.