It would help if you provide details of your setup
- OS version, python version, web2py version.
- configuration - do you use web2py with a webserver, and which one.
- do you see anything printed in the console, or web2py log file, or webserver log file when this happens?

Are you able to recreate this problem with any application that is running in web2py? Also, this may help you debug "python processes that hang": https://wiki.python.org/moin/DebuggingWithGdb

Kiran Subbaraman
http://subbaraman.wordpress.com/about/