On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 9:46:33 AM UTC-7, LoveWeb2py wrote:

> I run a script that prints to stdout, but I'd like to have a modal popup
> and have all the information displayed to the user while the script is
> running.
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how to achieve this within web2py?

There are 2 mechanism in HTML5, I believe, but I'm only going to point you
at one for the moment:  Web Workers.

With this mechanism, you'd spawn a web worker  to do jquery/ajax to check
when it was time to replace the content.  A couple of the examples
calculate Pi, and paste the results into the main page.

There is also web sockets in HTML5.

Gluon/contrib has websocket_messaging.py.

I thought I remembered an HTML5 server push mechanisms for notifications,
but if it's there I'm not looking in the right place.

If you need Apple-ish answers, there's this post:

<URL:https://groups.google.com/d/msg/web2py/W1OkIACwtJA/X4qs4-mY9e4J>

/dps

/dps