On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 7:23:33 PM UTC-7, LoveWeb2py wrote:

> Was looking for something more like this...
> https://github.com/joewalnes/websocketd
>
> I'll give it a try. Thank you all!

You may want to make use of a logging module.  The standard logging in
web2py will go to a file (using the name in the as-shipped logging.conf
unless you edit that), but it shouldn't be too hard to swap in something to
send to a websocket instead.   Add your handler's name to logging.conf
under the handlers section and under the logger_myapp section and add a
handler_mywebsocks section.

I see on my Fedora system that /usr/lib64/python2.7/logging/handlers.py has
a SocketHandler class which might be a starting point.

/dps