On Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 6:03:10 AM UTC-7, Anthony wrote:

> I cannot reproduce, and I can't think of anything web2py would be doing
> that would be relevant, as this is a standard Python exception. I was
> thinking maybe you switched to Python 3, but in that case, I would expect a
> more specific error message indicating the parentheses are missing (unless
> you're using an older version of Python 3 and the message is different in
> that version).
>
> Anthony

Python 2.7.12 on AWS linux.

I have both flavors of web2py (that is, good ol' 2.14.6 and the
up-and-coming 2.15.4) on the same machine (VM/cloud instance), using
different ports.  The application code was copied via tar from 2.14.6 to
2.15.4.

The web2py signon (version info) doesn't show the python version, but
"python" defaults to 2.7.12.

BTW, I see the logger statement are coming out on the console, rather than
going to the log file, but that was because I needed to fix the permissions
on the log file.

/dps