On Monday, October 23, 2017 at 3:38:27 PM UTC-7, Dave S wrote:

> In  my 2.15.x testing, I've been concentrating on the https interface, but
> I now tried to do a -M -S that would queue up a Scheduler task.  And I ran
> into an unexpected problem with syntax errors on print statements.
>
>    if when:
>       print "ri_s: when " + when
>
> Even when I shorten the line to remove the concatenation, I get a syntax
> error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "web2py.py", line 33, in <module>
>     gluon.widget.start(cron=True)
>   File "/home/ec2-user/web2py/web2py-2.15.4/web2py/gluon/widget.py", line
> 1152, in start
>     cronjob=options.cronjob)
>   File "/home/ec2-user/web2py/web2py-2.15.4/web2py/gluon/shell.py", line
> 258, in run
>     execfile(pyfile, _env)
>   File "applications/updater/controllers/default.py", line 140
>     print "ri_s: when "
>                       ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>
> I tried changing the variable name to "pwhen" in case this was an
> if-statement/keyword issue, but still "invalid syntax".
>
> As you might guess, default.py loads fine for https requests, and this
> code loads fine with -S under 2.14.6, so I'm not sure what's going on here.

Changing the print statements to logger calls allows the  -S load to
complete, but I don't think anything went to web2py.log from these calls
(logging calls used when handling http(s) requests seem to be working
normally).

Plus, when you're running from the command line (as is often the case for
-S), it's irritating to have to go to the log for what is ordinarily stdout
material.

/dps