> As suggested, if you can't find documentation on something, first trying
> searching this forum, as there are several posts explaining
> decode_credentials (e.g.,
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/web2py/xPREtSr3-PI/xx5EPVrU738J). It has
> nothing to do with database encryption. Rather, it allows you to url-encode
> your database credentials in case they happen to include an "@" character
> (which causes a problem because the DAL uses the "@" character to separate
> the username and password). If you url-encode your credentials, setting
> decode_credentials=True then instructs the DAL to decode the credentials
> after parsing them from the connection string.

Thanks for that. Bad google, and I thought he was my friend. :)

> Another strategy is simply to grep the codebase -- in this case, that
> would lead you here
> <https://github.com/web2py/pydal/blob/35dd4fc6f8fb8187e7c08217eebf3074e0d27fbc/pydal/base.py#L400>
> .

I rarely use it because it often returns too much result. But in this case,
I surely should have. I'd have ruled out database encryption even if not
understand fully its use purpose.

> There is a Github repo for the web2py book
> <https://github.com/web2py/web2py-book>. You are certainly encouraged to
> make contributions to it. I'm not sure if you were using the repo when you
> were working on the translation, but if so, you should have seen the
> existing translation in the repo (or in a pull request if it wasn't merged
> yet).

Actually I did, my first. But even in github, as far as I know, there is no
way to know what work forkers are working on and monitor their progress, is
there ?