Good points.

web2py started with these goals
- be a teaching too (easy to use, easy to read, force users to follow
good practice)
- be secure (you cannot trust students too much ;-)
- be fast

web2py grow beyond my expectations because many people expressed an
interest, they contributed, and added a lot of features. Moreover in
2008 the Google App Engine was released and users pushed be and helped
me to port the DAL on GAE.

For me the real priorities are not limited to but include:
1) documentation (I write the book but people could help with
docstrings and sphinx since I am no expert)
2) presentation (layout.html + base.css) for welcome/examples/admin
3) create plug-in mechanism that allows users to install a new layout
as they download an app
4) rewrite the DAL (I am doing this). Mostly to make it easier to port
it on more non-SQL databases. It will remain 100% compatible with the
existing one
5) Integrate more login methods including CAS and OpenID

I have no plans to move to Python 3.0. It is not a priority and at
this point would be a waste of time. If/when one day we will consider
a successor of web2py we will select the best language for the job and
we will learn from our mistakes (if any).

This is not a roadmap. Any roadmap needs to be driven by users' needs.

I think we need to setup a wiki or perhaps a Reddish page where people
can set priorities and vote them up/down. I would be interested in
this.

Massimo