On Wednesday, September 26, 2018 at 10:43:31 AM UTC-7, Donald McClymont
wrote:

> Hi Rahul
>
> You could just do this with Jquery as events that run when any of the 3
> fields are exited however I am not convinced that's really a great approach
> - I haven't seen an example of doing this as part of the actual SQLFORM.
> Another question would be do you really need to concatenate them as part of
> your data entry?   If you need them later you could use a
> computed/calculated field or some function to concatenate them when
> required?
>
> Regards
> Donald

I haven't done the concatenation part [1], but I've done the lost focus
thing as a way to walk through the proper fields of an SQLFORM where which
fields apply depend on the value of the first field.  This has worked
pretty well, except for some oddities ... like deciding to click a sidebar
[or breadcrumb] link instead of finishing the form, or wanting to correct a
single field.

/dps