On Thursday, September 27, 2018 at 5:28:50 AM UTC-7, Rahul wrote:

> Hey All,
>          This is essential - I can do what Donald has said but I want to
> do it at runtime. It would also be helpful when I try to implement say for
> example select a country from drop down and then populate states as per the
> country selected in another dropdown. may more use cases like that
> including calculations like age by selecting date fro date widget and
> populating years based on selected date in another field. I think these use
> cases are pretty valid and have seen them in a lot of web apps (typically
> aspx, php and java/jsp). How I achieve it in web2py with SQL forms or CRUD
> forms is what I am looking for.
>
> Regards,
> Rahul

The basic answer is AJAX, and jQuery provide AJAX tools.  There is also
support in web2py for some simple direct ajax operations.

I would urge you not to use the CRUD forms; they are deprecated and not
being maintained.  In the documentation at the tip of the tree, you will
find a warning about this.  (There seem to be some hosting issues with
getting the tip version displayed.)

/dps