Thanks Anthony.

I'm trying to maintain some reference to the auth mechanism , but our needs
get a little more convoluted.

Some Background Info:
This is a accounting system (AR/AP/GL/IV/OE/PR/BI/BR/RMA/ ..etc) based upon
about 30 years of collected source
I have for Chancery / Circuit Clerks for Fees, Fines and restitution and
land records et.all.

I'm trying to keep it generic as possible for the Supreme Court.

>From the Clerks view, the are elected officials for a particular
County/Jurisdiction. However, in some instances the may cover several
counties / courts (if those are small).

Courts are grouped in "districts" and we are going to using "company id"
numbers to signify those courts within the districts and all courts under
one
umbrella for the database.

Now the CLERKS have deputy clerks, who may OR may not be assigned to
multiple county/courts and may be limited to WHAT or what they cannot
do, but are designated by the "company" code to which court they will have
access to.
Add to that, the wants of our Office of the State Auditors our very own AOC
(Administrator of Courts and their auditors) it gets pretty
convulsed in a hurry.

Now looking at the ACCESS CONTROL stuff, we are really a flipped version of
that - GROUP and MEMBERSHIP before and controlling the
auth_user.as well as company id in the group and membership/permission
file.signifying what court the have jurisdiction to use. (Phew).

I hope I haven't totally confused you.

Thanks again ...
*Ben Duncan*
DBA / Chief Software Architect