> Work ON the projects, not IN the projects

Yes, we there are too many large examples and not enough
documentation. Documentation being spread out on AlterEgo is extremely
disorganized.

> Documentation is definitely a stumbling block.

I'm going to be brutally honest here. When I first saw Web2Py and that
it was GPL and the main documentation was only available after pay, I
almost dismissed it right away there.

These two things are community killers. Out of Pylons, Django, and
Ruby on Rails, only Web2Py is GPLed. GPL is comes with many strings
attached compared to BSD and is a legal nightmare for many
corporations to use. If you are afraid of people ripping off Web2Py
and reselling it as a package, I don't think that has happened to
Pylons, Django, or Rails.

For documentation, only Web2py has a pay for documentation setup. I
realize that the online documentation is there, but it is extremely
disorganized, and a bit of a hassle to look through 10 different
videos and slides that repeat each other 70% of the time. Official
documentation is needed as an organized reference guide.

Of course, the only person who can decide on this is Massimo. As the
sole copyright holder he must decide whether he wants Web2Py as a
revenue vehicle or encourage growth.