Well, that's a really fair concern, I was just mentioning, because I like ORMs and other popular projects like SQLAlchemy includes a DAL (they call it SQL abstraction toolkit) and an ORM on top of it, and if you look at popular web development full stack frameworks, almost all of them are relaying their models to ORMs.

Greetings