On Friday, April 19, 2019 at 1:16:29 AM UTC-7, Nico Zanferrari wrote:

> Thanks for testing, Dave, I'm happy to hear that it's working fine!
>
> I think that the Welcome app with latest web2py versions don't look so
> fine in Windows and python 3, but I cannot see any difference from running
> it from sources. Let me know if I'm wrong or there are anything else.
>
> Nico

Still haven't tried running it from sources, but I finally brought over
another app (just one print to turn to print(), and it looked just fine
with my old static directory, but I decided I needed try the new static,
which I copied from the welcome app.  The banner again looked horrible, so
I did an inspect and clicked here and there and after a brief cloud of
dust  actually got the black band to show up.

Looking more into the inspect window, there's a reference to
shockwave-flash, and I think Chrome doesn't like that (deprecated flash
years ago).  I don't think this is your problem, but I'm not sure why it's
in there.  I'm not going to hunt anything more down tonight, either.

/dps

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/web2py/468eec3a-476c-4c40-96f0-c2ef7375c523%40googlegroups.com.