I've attached the 'packed' file of the app.

The app:

-uses your table setup (I took the uppercase characters out of your table
names - I'm not preaching, but in my experience you don't want to do this)
-puts some test data into the degree table
-added a page to list the degrees using datatables.net

Modified files
-added DataTables directory to /static
-views/layout.html - added references to datatables css and javascript files
-controllers/default - added degrees and _get_degrees methods
-created views/default/degrees.html

To Run it
-Extract the code to your applications directory
-fire up web2py
-navigate to 127.0.0.1:8000/school/default/degrees

You should see the list of degrees.  Paging should work and the search
filter should work.  I didn't add the 'click on the column heading to
sort', but you can do all of that as well.

Let me know if you have any problems or questions.

-Jim

 web2py.app.school.w2p
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/14SQthm4NUpvmWtxEoFyQBHR_hEphlB-J/view?usp=drive_web>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/web2py/CAERBpoD9Y1fO4mkn-d1JtwuXdvMffdOXj0ePz01iWmw4j2GohA%40mail.gmail.com.