@Jim

I tried the app and it works!! but I have a question, is it possible to
search through all the columns or has to be one at the time?
Also, do you know if this server side method works on data bases with
thousands of records or is it a bit slower?

Thanks again!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/web2py/97f23c06-182d-405d-b73c-13cf1f93ebd8%40googlegroups.com.